"For after much tribulation come the blessings. Wherefore the day cometh that ye shall be crowned with much glory; the hour is not yet, but is nigh at hand."
-D&C 58:4
"My people must be tried in all things, that they may be prepared to receive the glory of Zion; and he that will not bear chastisement is not worthy of my kingdom."
- D&C 136:31
Every once in a while I will grab a set of scriptures and open it randomly and read the first highlighted verse. And occasionally I find that the scripture that I read applies directly to my life. Sometimes I find a scripture that makes me think for the rest of the day "what did that mean?", and I find myself with my nose buried in a book trying to find the answer. Then there are those times where it seems the scripture I randomly opened too is not random at
all.
Ben and I have had our fair share of trials this past year and I have found myself wondering "Why us? Why me? What am I doing in my life to deserve such hardships?" After reading these two short verses I had my answer. I must go through these things to be prepared for the glory that awaits me and my family.
There is so much more pressure from the adversary on the members of the church, he wants to tear us down, to make us feel unworthy and to keep us from eternal happiness. He finds our weaknesses and uses them against us. But if we can rise above these challenges and seek to better our lives despite our hardships and short comings, he will not win. And we will receive glory and we will be worthy of the kingdom of heaven.
My mom once told me that I am a rock, and that Satan will try his hardest to turn me because he knows just how stubborn and loyal I am. And that once I have made my mind up I cannot be convinced otherwise. She also told me that she believes that I was saved for these latter days for a reason and that I have an important work to do here.
I have felt the pressures of the adversary many times, and I will admit that I have been weak and fallen. But I have gone through all of those trials and become a better and stronger person because of them.
These new trials that Ben and I have gone through, and will go through, together will not tear us down. They will help us to grow together, to become stronger in our marriage, and in our testimonies.
I used to ask myself that question, "Why me?", but I discovered a while ago- and even in my present situation- I now ask myself, "Why NOT me?". My Father in Heaven will not give me a trial that I cannot handle, so even though it looks dark and scary ahead, I can forge through because my Father has faith in me and knows that I will make it. Each trial is a blessing and we become better people for making it through. Hang in there. If we didn't have trials and hard times, we wouldn't be able to be so happy and enjoy the good times. Love you cuz!
ReplyDeleteLove you too Des!
ReplyDelete