With everything that is coming up this month I find myself being so grateful to have the gospel in our lives. I honestly don't think I would be able to handle whats about to happen with out it.
Ben is starting boot camp for Unified Fire (he was recently hired on as a full time fire fighter!!! Hooray!) and boot camp requires not only that he be there 5 to 6 days a week but we will pretty much NEVER know when he will be home. When he will be home he will be studying and practicing a million different things. He is also not allowed to have a phone with him at all during boot camp so I am completely on my own.
And boot camp lasts for 15 weeks.
Luckily 5 of the other guys Ben will be going through boot camp with have worked Paid call (part time fire fighters) with Ben so they are already planning study groups and carpooling and whatnot. Which is helping Ben a Lot, he's been stressed about studying so to have the guys tell him what he's gonna be doing has relieved some of his stress. :)
I know I can handle this. we went through a similar type of situation right after Chloie was born when he was is Fire Academy. This time is a little different... We are loosing one source of income and getting another (which unfortunately is slightly less) so our budget will be tightening, he will be gone a bit more then he was before, and I will have two kids to take care of...
This is not going to be easy. BUT it will be worth it.
I keep thinking back to the foot steps in the sand poem and I know that I will not be alone in this. As much as I may feel that way at times through out this experience, I will not be alone. I will have the support of the savior and I will have the support of my ward (which I have come to love), my family (my mom and whitney both had to deal with boot camp too so they get it) and the support of the other wives whose husbands are going through boot camp as well.
As terrified and stressed out as Ben and I are right now, We are THRILLED and so GRATEFUL for this opportunity to have a stable career that Ben loves. We will make it through this trial as long as we are faithful and supportive of each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment